Thursday, June 7, 2012

How much stuff I've got so far to cover the hiatus

As of Wednesday night I have this much footage left to upload for each of the following series:

Skyrim: 7 hours 30 minutes (4 hours ready to upload, 3 hours and 30 minutes needs to be rendered)
Final Fantasy 5: 2 hours 50 minutes (all needs to be rendered)
Terraria: 1 hour 50 minutes (10 minutes ready to upload, 1 hour 40 minutes needs to be rendered)
Minecraft Hardcore: 1 hour 35 minutes (all needs to be rendered)
Killing Floor: nothing yet but I will definitely record a couple hours tomorrow morning

So yea with my average video length being about 13 minutes for normal parts (not including hour long specials and final parts), I've got at least 63 parts recorded to cover the hiatus (probably more depending on how I decide to edit together the .avi files). This will be in addition to whatever I manage to record tomorrow for Killing Floor. So yea I'm gonna have at least 70+ parts to cover for the 6 weeks, which should be more than enough considering nothing will be uploaded on Monday-Wednesday at least for my channel, which means at the most I will only need about 78 videos to go with 2 vids a day. I will probably only upload 1 video a day for final videos in a series, such as the final part of FF5, Skyrim, and Terraria. As I stated yesterday, if I can't live stream the rest of Skyrim I'll just record it normally and add it to the roughly 165 parts I've got recorded (might not be exactly 165 parts but it's a good guess).

As for my hard drive space, I just rendered over 3 hours of skyrim but I still have over 9 hours of footage on my hard drive that needs to be rendered, so as of right now I only have 349GB of free space (which is still 150 more GB than I had last night so I've made significant progress as far as clearing space for Killing Floor). 2 hours of Killing floor is likely gonna take up around 160GB of space so it's for the best I spent most of the day clearing space for it just to avoid my hard drive filling up and the recording getting fucked up as a result. Depending on how early I wake up I may even do more than 2 hours but I'm travelling late in the afternoon tomorrow to a city with an airport to spend the night there just to catch a flight that leaves around 6am so I can get to my pre-op in Toronto for 10:15am and then leave and head back home sometime late in the afternoon. So yea I've basically got a full day of travel starting tomorrow afternoon which is gonna suck.

As for why I'm not recording on the weekend? It's mainly because my birthday happens to be on June 27th but I'll still be unable to eat solid foods so we're doing it this weekend just so I can eat cake and pizza and stuff, and actually be able to enjoy it. As a result there's probably gonna be lots of family and stuff around so I'm not exactly gonna have a quiet place to record, and it'll be nice to finally have a few days off where I'm not recording like 2-3 hours of stuff a day to cover the hiatus. Recording enough stuff to cover 6 weeks is pretty damn difficult to say the least and to be honest it kind of turned gaming into a chore rather than something I do to have fun and kill time, which is what it should be. So yea I definitely don't recommend it but I just wanted to make sure the channel stayed active while I was unable to record.

Overall I can't say I'm happy about every session I did but some of them I think turned out pretty good, while others have a few problems (one skyrim session I forgot to adjust my volume before recording so the game audio was lower than usual but it's still audible if you turn up your pc volume a bit more than usual so it's not completely terrible). I'm not really super energetic as a commentator but I really do try to sound a bit more exited and not so monotone like I did in some previous videos but in all honesty I think most of that comes from how shitty my microphone is (I either use my built in one and have extra loud keyboard and mouse sounds or I use my $6 one and eliminate most keyboard sounds but have it too quiet because it doesn't properly pick up anything except for wind from my mouth which is why I need to put it under my chin just so it's still audible).

Anyways I'll probably do an anime review tomorrow for the first time in about 8 months and then maybe I'll get around to my thoughts on the manga for Neon Genesis Evangelion. Not sure how much blogging I'll be doing after the surgery but I'll probably give updates before and after whenever I find the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment