Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Skyrim main quest complete, Minecraft Hardcore reaches new levels

Two big things obviously to talk about, the first being Skyrim. I did manage to complete the game in just under 2 hours so the main quest and closing cutscene stuff is recorded. Of the 700GB of video on my external hard drive, probably 1/3 of it is Skyrim footage that needs to be rendered so there's a lot to go (at least 5 sessions to be exact). So yea I've got around 8-10 hours of Skyrim recorded for the hiatus. I'll be uploading it with the 3 hours of FF5 and 3 hours of Terraria that have yet to go up, as well as any Minecraft and Killing Floor that I manage to record in the next day or so.

This brings me to Minecraft Hardcore. I've got about 2 hours recorded, and I actually managed to survive the nether for once, and actually managed to get a good amount of blaze rods and just enough ender pearls to make enough eyes of ender to finally find a stronghold. My search for a stronghold goes back to the last 10-20 episodes of Solo Minecraft that I did back when Minecraft finally launched officially (near the end of November 2011). Of course I was playing in a pre 1.8 world so for some reason a stronghold never properly spawned in my world and thus my search was in vain despite what the eyes of ender said to me. But yea I've actually found a stronghold and am currently 10 eyes of ender away from the ender dragon (well 8 really since I made 2 more before ending the recording). So yea all signs seem to indicate that for once I'll face the Ender Dragon on the Hardcore difficulty, in a final "All or Nothing" matchup. I'm actually unsure if I'll continue the series if I lose the fight but that all depends on how well/poorly the fight goes. I know the ender dragon can one hit you without armor so it will all depend on the restorative items I have at my disposal, which at the moment is limited to golden apples since the nether dungeon I found once again contained no nether warts. I will probably have to spawn those in at some point because it seems I never find any nether wart in nether forts. I'm still debating over that though since I really don't want to resort to using NBTEdit for cheating (I really only use it to force respawn in hardcore mode so the world can be put up for download).

Now some of you may be wondering how much space I have on my hard drive if I have over 700GB on it, and the answer to that is 971GB when empty, and at the moment I only have 201GB free. This means that I can probably only record about 2 hours of Killing Floor unless I render more Skyrim or Minecraft since those are the two games that take up the most space when I record (surprisingly Minecraft eats more space than Skyrim for some odd reason). So yea I've gotta render a lot of minecraft before I record anything else (which will probably be Killing Floor since I don't think I have time to find 8 more ender pearls and prep for the ender dragon before leaving Thursday afternoon).

One last note, I'm slowing my uploading pace to 2 videos a day now to ensure I don't run out of footage to cover the whole hiatus, and I'd rather not go as low as 1 video a day if it can be avoided. It'll probably work out better this way in the long run anyways since that still gives me 14 vids a week (which is still 84 videos in 6 weeks and at the moment I still only have roughly 60-70 videos recorded so I do need to get about 4 more hours of footage to cover the hiatus for sure). I know there's probably gonna be 4-5 days without any uploads for sure (and maybe a few more depending on how shitty I feel) but I just wanna be sure I can cover it without resorting to 1 vid a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment