Monday, July 30, 2012

Expect a ton of stuff this week

This will be my first real week back to the recording game. As a result, for the first time in a long time begin expecting over 2 videos a day. I'm gonna try to maintain a minimum of 3 videos a day from now till September so as a result there's gonna be a lot of stuff going out. Tomorrow I will probably resume Deus Ex because I've honestly been putting it off for too long and if I don't do it then it'll never get done. I'll probably also do more Sniper Elite V2, or maybe FF6 depending on how I feel. Tuesday's plan is to basically record whatever I didn't do Monday, so I'll probably resume Skyrim and do more FF6 or Sniper Elite V2, depending on which one I did on Monday. Killing Floor may also reappear whenever I feel like recording it, and that goes for the whole week. Obviously Wednesday is a big day because I will be starting a new Minecraft Series to celebrate the release of Minecraft 1.3.

This series will likely last for a long time and will be more build based than my previous series since I feel I've basically done as much as you can do in terms of fighting stuff in the game in my other two series (with killing the ender dragon and reaching him without cheating/spawning in items). I've actually wanted to do a more build oriented series for a while, since I first started to check out ChimneySwift's minecraft series and the hard work he's put into his world over hundreds of episodes. I've built stuff on servers before for people and honestly what he does is pretty cool actually and it's more towards how I would play Minecraft if I was in a multiplayer server with other people. Hopefully this sets me apart from other Minecraft commentators a bit. I'm not gonna copy ChimneySwift, granted I have lots of respect for what he does with his series and how he incorporates his fans into it. I honestly don't have enough subs to do that anyways so really this series is mostly gonna be me just showing off some of the random ideas that pop into my head when I play Minecraft.

I've also picked a map seed for my series already. It's actually one I was thinking of submitting to ChimneySwift to check out but honestly it's not as cool as some of the seeds he has reviewed in the past, not to mention he gets thousands of messages a day so the chances of him reading mine would be low to begin with and he's always looking for something new and mine while it is pretty cool is similar to other seeds he's reviewed in the past. For those of you who are interested, the seed is Gilgamesh. Not sure if punctuation matters for that but it is a capital G so don't screw it up. You'll know it's the right seed if you make a map at spawn and map the whole area. it should have a rather unique shape, with a small set of islands in the northeastern corner of the map that look kind of like a scorpion and the main island formation that you spawn on should look like a wyvern in flight. Obviously I wouldn't just pick a map because of its awesome shape, and a bit of exploring on the main island should reveal a massive cave system with an abandoned mineshaft. Actually it's the most massive cave system I've ever seen and actually contains at least 2 separate mineshafts and multiple ravines (at least 6, probably quite a few more as well). The cave system from what I've explored seems to take up about 1/4 of a map in space, which with the multiple levels and pathways will leave you exploring for hours. There's also a few large underground chambers as well as at least 2 dungeons so I'm gonna go back to my roots and work on building a massive underground city on the main island, as well as some above ground settlements wherever I find natural exits to this cave (assuming they're far enough apart). I honestly can't wait to start on this massive project, I'm just hoping that the world generation code isn't effected by the 1.3 update.

So yea there will be a little bit of everything recorded this week, and I've got a free day on Thursday to do whatever I want in case for whatever reason I don't follow the schedule I set for myself and need an extra day. Still not quite ready for multiplayer stuff so don't ask about it. I know I've gotten messages from people who want to get in on stuff like this but honestly I can't always be doing multiplayer stuff or my single player stuff will never get done. If you want to be in a video and that's it all you need to do is add me on steam and just join my Killing Floor matches randomly, granted I don't always record when I play Killing Floor (I haven't recorded it since last week but I've got over 24 hours in the last 2 weeks on it so clearly I didn't record 24 hours of Killing Floor or I'd be set for the rest of the year for footage). Hell, I wouldn't mind doing some Killing Floor matched with subs but the whole thing is my recording time is definitely not set in stone and I know a lot of people go to school or work but I can only record basically from whenever I wake up to about 5pm on Monday-Thursday right now so for a lot of people they're not available at that time, which makes it hard to set anything up.Also the fact that I only have 20 subs at the moment, so out of those 20 if I were to make a video usually only 2-4 people watch it and out of those 2-4, how many own a copy of the game, have me on steam, and are available to play at that time? So yea having 20 subs really kinda sucks because I can't just do stuff with subs sporadically whenever I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment