Tuesday, October 23, 2012

About the planned specials

I uploaded an update video yesterday on them, basically what the video said was the Skyrim special is cancelled because I've already done one this month and I don't have the time to record or prepare for 3 specials. Assuming the Killing Floor update comes out before October 29th I should be able to get that special done for Halloween. As for Minecraft, I'll only have 4 days at the most to create the world for what I have planned. However, I also have a case study due next week so I'll probably have to work on that a fair bit instead. This means that the Minecraft special may not happen by Halloween. I know that kinda sucks but  I will still get it done eventually if it isn't done for Halloween. For those who are actually reading my blog, I'll throw in some info about that which I didn't mention in the update video, and that's that I will kind of be building my own short custom map with backstory, and it will be Resident Evil themed and will involve new things added to the world in the 1.4 update. I might release the map once I get it done for other people to play it but I'm mostly doing this just to have my very own exclusive Minecraft Halloween themed thing so I don't have people saying I copied someone else because I did what they did or start a whole shitstorm like that. I've still gotta do a few things though before I build the map, like learning how to set up mob spawners using NBTEdit (if it's even possible to set them up so they don't spawn pigs using it). I'd assume it can be done so I'll have to play around a bit with it to see if I can get it to work. But yea it's probably gonna be a 20 or so minute long map and I'll probably rename a few items as well just to go with it.

As far as rendering progress goes, I only got one session of FF6 rendered since the update video and recorded another one. I'll have to render some Minecraft stuff tomorrow because my Deus Ex footage is gonna be gone within the next half hour since there's only 2 parts left to go up. So yea there will be some Minecraft stuff added tomorrow, but there more than likely won't be anything on 1.4 until I get the special done.

No comments:

Post a Comment