Saturday, October 27, 2012

Killing Floor Halloween special recorded and rendered

The Killing Floor Halloween special has been recorded and rendered as of about 10 minutes ago. I'll be uploading it on Tuesday night, hopefully alongside the Minecraft special I have planned (assuming I get it done in time). I only got one match recorded, but it was a victory and it lasted a solid 50 minutes. It's not quite an hour but because all of the Hillbilly Horror matches on hard mode were full at the time, I decided to end it at that one match. I also kind of fixed my microphone issues but cranking the dB boost to 20 and moving my mic further away, but now you can hear my fan and mouse clicks a lot louder than you could before. The fan isn't as noticeable but the mouse clicks definitely are, but at least now you can hear me at a decent level.

As far as progress on the Minecraft special goes, I'm about 30% done with just the building aspect of it, after around 10 hours of work. I honestly don't think I'll be able to finish it in time at this rate but I'll keep on trying. I'll probably have to sacrifice some details to make this work out (or install single player commands to speed up the build process), but I am truly determined to get this finished. I've still got a lot of story aspects to fill in, as far as that goes as I don't have anything written out in books yet so there's still a lot to be done to make this work. I may end up just showcasing an incomplete version of the map but I'd rather not do that. The map will also have a lot of random optional exploration stuff to do for extra tools and weapons, should you wish to have a variety of different tools at your disposal. I also plan on incorporating anvils and beacon blocks into the story, and possibly also the command blocks if I can figure out how to use them. As I've said previously, this will be a resident evil themed map, but I've decided to make it more of a pre-outbreak scenario because I'm too lazy to figure out how to make spawners work without having to download another program and learning how to use it because that would eat away even more time from the building process.

No comments:

Post a Comment