Friday, April 5, 2013

Another update on the hard drive and upload situation

Well I did try but it seems I'm gonna have to give up on ever getting those files off my external hard drive. I'm gonna keep it around just in case but honestly I think it's time to just move on and get back into what I was doing before. I haven't tried to really do anything big on my computer since the weekend really, probably mostly due to getting stupidly depressed over losing not just the 5 hours of Borderlands 2 and Skyrim stuff from the last few weeks, but also losing pretty much every video I've ever recorded (which is over 1200 videos, not including update videos and some multiplayer ones). Honestly I mostly cared about the 5 hours I hadn't yet uploaded but losing over 1200 videos is really gonna make it hard for me to ever go through and make a highlight reel type thing for individual series. But yea I think it's time to pick up the pieces and make due with what I have left, which is a borrowed external hard drive and my current capture and editing software. I'm probably also gonna work on getting stuff rendered out a lot faster than before, just because I feel I could have avoided the worst of this situation by just getting my rendering done faster so I wouldn't have hours of footage on my external hard drive in case something went wrong. I'm also considering getting a second one, so that I have one just for the original video files before the rendering and editing, and then a second one for the rendered videos to serve as a more permanent store.

So yea, me and my brother are going to record more Borderlands 2 tomorrow, and I'll be sure to get some kind of an update video recorded before that goes up. I'll probably do a facecam/screen capture update video if possible to show exactly what the problem is with my hard drive because I'm still somewhat baffled about what exactly the issue is with it since it's not corrupted or anything, but instead it seems to just get really laggy to the point where my computer doesn't even detect files on it because they're loading up so slowly. It's pretty damn weird to say the least. But yea I will be making my return to video stuff sometime probably next week.

Now to cover what you guys won't be seeing in Borderlands 2 and Skyrim. In Borderlands 2, I'll probably post the video that half crapped out in the middle of rendering because my hard drive died while it was saving so you'll get to see us take on a level 22 Old Slappy (who has a nice red skull next to his name). However you'll be missing out on pretty much every other available side quest we had left, including finding Mordekai's treasure, all of the side quests in The Fridge, the Highlands, and the longest side quest chain in the game involving a clan war between the Zaffords and Hodunks. As for Skyrim stuff, I only recorded about a half hour of it and it was pretty much all random mage guild side quests, but I did find a Stone of Barenziah in a random tomb that I explored as part of completing an optional side quest objective, so you'll be missing out on that. I'll be sure to mention what has been missed in both series when I record more of them. The only good news is that I didn't have any Minecraft recorded on my hard drive so that series will still be alive and well.

Now I know I'm probably gonna have to make up for missing out on over a week of uploads, so I'll think of something special for that. Possibly a return to Killing Floor, or maybe the starting of FF7 (which I've begun playing over the last few days just to try and get my shitty hard drive situation off my mind).

No comments:

Post a Comment