Thursday, April 17, 2014

The beginning of Wind Waker

Honestly I think dropping FF7 may have been the best thing I've done all year, because I'm finally feeling like rolling out a bunch of videos again. Recorded a new session of Dark Souls yesterday where I got past the gargoyles and then proceeded to do pretty much nothing else but fail a bunch doing optional things. I also just recorded an hour and a half of the new series on the channel, which winning by a landslide margin of 1 vote to 0 is Wind Waker. So yea, another Zelda game is gonna be on the channel. Managed to get to Dragon Roost  but that's about all I managed in an hour and a half. I'm no speedrunner clearly otherwise I'd probably be halfway through the second dungeon by now. I'm expecting to beat the game within about 20 hours, so with that in mind I only have maybe 18 more sessions to record. It's been so long since I've touched a gamecube controller that I'm having a hard time adjusting to the odd stick placement and the sensitivity of the joystick in general compared to my old logitech controller but hopefully I'll have adapted to it after a few sessions. The main issue I have is not being able to change camera controls which is gonna screw me over a lot, not just in this game but also potentially in Dark Souls where I have my camera reversed. Hopefully I can find a workaround for that, maybe if I need to I'll take apart my controller and flip the analog stick around. to invert all camera controls manually but that's a bit extreme.

In any case, pixelmon is done on the channel until the next update releases. I've been playing on some multiplayer pixelmon servers while waiting so if you're interested in meeting me on a server check out envyblock's pixelmon server (just google pixelmon servers and you should find it in some list somewhere eventually). I'm still undecided as to whether I'm gonna continue my modded survival series since it's been nearly a month since my last recording session for it, and at this point in time I'm not really feeling like going out to play random mods that I've been interested in trying. The main reason I started the series was because I wanted to actually try out some of the buildcraft, tinker's construct, and thermal expansion things for myself and have some fun with them. I feel I've already done that since really without installing any new mods the only thing I can do at this point would be setting up a whole tesseract system for energy, item, and fluid transportation to create my own perfectly functional mega base. In other words, it'd turn into a build series again which is fine but I just don't feel there's a lot of demand for build series in Minecraft at this point in time.

So yea that pretty much covers everything that's gonna be happening on the channel. With both Minecraft series potentially being absent for a while it's gonna mean there's gonna be a lot of dark souls and Zelda happening on the channel. I may once again begin alternating episodes between the series so that there's not 4 day periods without any Zelda or without any Dark Souls. However I'd really need to stay on top of my editing to pull that off. I did used to alternate properly about 2 years ago when I was doing videos but I stopped doing it after increasing my video lengths from 12-15 to 20-30 minutes. Also back then I was uploading 2 videos a day instead of 1, mostly due to video lengths and upload times again. It takes well over 3-4 hours on average for anything I upload to go up at 20-30 minute video lengths so that's why I only upload one video a day. As a result I tend to build up a backlog of videos over time and that usually results in me taking a week off recording and then coming back and not being in sync with the games anymore. I'd love to do 2 videos a day again but it's just not practical with my current upload speeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment