Saturday, December 24, 2011

LP's on hold for holidays.

I kinda think I mentioned this on my Youtube channel in the comments but because I know no one reads those (or this for that matter), that I may as well mention it here. I just don't have time to record anything with so many people moving around and company over and all that shit, and also people don't know how to shut the fuck up when I'm recording so I just can't do it.

I did actually go out and buy a microphone for my PC, but it's quieter than my current one, even at max volume. It does seem to definitely reduce the peaking and background noise I was getting from breathing and other background shit, which is a good thing. I did some recording testing with it (obviously), and I did manage to get it to sound decently loud enough to hear over my normal volume levels for recording, but the problem is I had to all but perform fellatio on it. For reference it's not a headset cause I'm a cheap bastard, it's one of those stand mics and it was on sale for only $7 so I didn't expect it to be amazing (It doesn't even have volume control on it, which I probably should have checked but I'm dumb).

So yea I'll try recording something music heavy like Chrono Trigger for a test run but if I can't get decent voice volume on the recording then I will have to tape it to my head like I did when I was testing it because I'm not gonna play a game if I can't hear the sound. Funny thing is I do actually have the soundtrack to the game so in theory I could add that music to it but that would require so much editing and I don't have the sound effects so fuck it. If worse comes to worse I could record the voice input and game sounds separately using the built in voice recorder on my pc and add that voice file to the gameplay recording as a music clip, and then I can control the video and music volume independently from there, but that would also be a pain in the ass to do with movie maker. I think it's about time to get myself Vegas or Audacity or something better than Movie Maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment