Monday, January 23, 2012

Killing Floor Berserker 5 and demolitions 6

I just hit both marks in a 5 hour long play session. I'm actually probably within a week of getting all my stats to 6 if I really wanted to play 5 hours or more a day for the week, but I have school so that's just not possible. In any case I'll update my stats after this post is published.

Spent the entire session playing the Doom2 map. I actually managed to solo the entire round using the exploit I found earlier with a berserker class. I switched to demo for the patriarch and the standard short pipe bomb trail pretty much one hit him. That, and the 6 or so noob tube rounds I fired off at him before the pipes went off.

As far as playing with people went, it was alright for the most part. Got to round 8 or higher every match except for the couple matches where it was 2 or 3 people in the lobby. I picked up a new tactic to use when we have a competent medic, which is the berserker wall at the door to the blue room. With at least one good medic and a couple demo's behind for support it works quite well actually. Demo's kill the small stuff and the Fleshpounds while we focus mostly on husks, gorefasts, and scrakes. Sirens weren't much of a problem thanks to the constant noob tube barrage, and our medic somehow managed to keep us all alive, despite a few close calls (my health dropped below 20 a few times doing this). It still paid off though cause I did get to level 5 and beyond.

Didn't get much of a chance to use medic that round so it's pretty much where it was at last time. For demolitions though I found that using the exploit with 2 people is possible if the second person knows about the exploit, which allows for a medic/demo or medic/berserker tag team in the room, where the berserker/demo does the damage while the medic heals. Works better with a demo, just keep a Katana in case scrakes get through. For berserker, keep a noob tube to clear up congestion in the adjacent room.

I will make a video on this exploit eventually, possibly Monday if I have time after I record Skyrim. Speaking of which, I still have Killing Floor videos to render out. Also no uploads tonight

D:

No comments:

Post a Comment