Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The lost KF session

I actually solo'd the Doom2 map on hard again but due to another recording fuck up I have 22 seconds of footage, so yea that fucking sucks. I would have had about 25 minutes of glitch exploit footage ending with patriarch humiliation, but no instead I got 8 seconds of me just before round 1 started (and thus before the fuck up) and then 12 seconds before I leave the game, while I laugh at how fucking stupidly easy it was. but yea needless to say that won't be going up, I will instead commit to doing this again and even if I don't make the patriarch it's simply a glitch exploit video so it isn't vitally important. Either way if I use it again I'll only be to level up my berserker class since it's a bitch and a half to increase the usual way on the standard maps.

I recorded the next couple side quests in Chrono Trigger as well, those being the Glenn/Cyrus side quest that gets Frog and Marle their ultimate weapons, as well as the ultimate armor for male characters. I also did the forest restoration side quest, that gets you a fairly useless accessory and about 3 minutes of metaphysical talking around a campfire bullshit. I guess it kinda counts as one for Lucca and Robo, so both characters get two side quests to themselves really. You may have realized this already but that means with 3 side quests left, someone is getting shafted out of a side quest. Ayla is actually the one that gets shafted this time. I don't really know why but I guess they never bothered giving her one for one reason or another. Then again all the side quests take place within like 2000 years of each other, so I guess they wanted to make a few of them require time travelling between 600AD and 1000AD to milk the entire time travel thing and as a result they kind of shafted Ayla out of her own side quest. Then again since Ayla gets no weapons anyways it's really not that bad, especially since she can still wear the ultimate armor for female characters if you choose to give it to her. I would have liked a side quest for Ayla just so every character gets one, but unfortunately the developers kind of overlooked it.

As for Skyrim, I found some kind of temple to some goddess, and am now side tracked doing that side quest.  I swear we'll eventually get to that fort but apparently not this recording session. This does set me up though to take out two side quests next session. Also, Hagravens can apparently take quite a beating, especially since they can heal themselves. They are now way more annoying to kill than mammoths in my book, because at least mammoths can't hit you with magic and can't cast healing spells on themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment