Saturday, February 4, 2012

Minecraft server update

Built a new town in my minecraft server. It doesn't exactly have a warp yet and I don't have my house set up in it but it's definitely something worth doing an update video for. I'm also hearing that the zelda texture pack has been updated for 1.1 (though I hear 1.2 isn't too far off so I'll probably need to wait for it again if I get the updated version). But that's enough for minecraft stuff.

Still stuck here with my parents so can't record much of anything at all. Kinda sucks really, cause them being here also affects my upload speed. This means I can't really upload while they're around either or it takes even longer due to them sucking away at my internet connection (phone company internet sucks). I guess I'll probably be playing some not so intensive games this weekend, like Minecraft and possibly some emulator stuff just for grinding (specifically FF4). Can't really do skyrim, I could do Killing Floor but it's also not exactly kind to my laptop, or my wrist, when after a few hours of playing its metal jacket becomes a frying pan. I will try to upload stuff Saturday night but no promises. My brother bought himself a copy of FFXIII-2, which I can't record because it's not a PC game and I'm not spending $400 on the equipment necessary to record console games. The main problem would be probably getting the sound to play through my laptop and not through the Tv speakers, so that I could get sound, and also figuring out a way for my recording software to record video from an external output. The easy solution is the $400 of software to do it properly but I have a feeling that there's potentially a cheaper way, but it's probably a pain in the ass to set up.

I had a random thought today, and that was to record some runescape stuff just to show off how I normally go about leveling up my skills. It's something that wouldn't be too hard to do, assuming Fraps can record web browser games. I probably wouldn't make it an ongoing series, unless I do dungeoneering or something, but it would have to be with other people. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone else really that would be able to do that with me who has the stuff required to be in a skype call with me so we can do a proper multiplayer recording. If I can even record browser based games, I'll talk to a few people about it and see if I can get that going as a potential series. Granted I'll probably need to clear up bank space or something in that game. I honestly haven't played it seriously in over a year (when I spent nearly 2 months leveling a lot of my skills to 80 or higher for no real reason and completely burned myself out).

No comments:

Post a Comment