Wednesday, March 7, 2012

FF5 has begun

Last night I really felt like playing FF5 for some reason, so I did. As a result, today I recorded some FF5 since I had time after Zelda. I have never beaten this game, the last time I played it was 5 years ago, but I lost the game cartridge somewhere so I never got more than halfway through it. I only ever played it once so I remember absolutely nothing pretty much about the game, asides from the fact that there's at least 2 worlds and the boss of the second world sucks ass, because I never beat him. So yea I'm not sure how long this one will take. It probably won't take as long as FF4 did, simply because FF4 was dragged on for far too long for no real reason.

I've managed to maintain around 2 videos minimum a day now for a month or so, which is actually really good for me compared to when my second year of University started and my video output dropped to less than 10 videos a week at a few points. I'm averaging 15-20 videos a week at this point, partly because of around 7 parts of Skyrim being uploaded every week, plus better time management resulting in at least 4 retro videos a week plus a few videos from some other series. This week it'll be the return of Minecraft hardcore, with 5 parts to go up next to parts 69-75 of Skyrim and the 4 parts of Zelda and 3 parts of FF5. Then again, this week has already been better than usual with recording time since I haven't even reached the Saturday session yet, and that's because I got an extra 2 hours to record today that I normally don't have.

Of course you should all realize that by mid june I'll probably have a month long hiatus of videos because of double jaw surgery, and that will have a 6 week recovery period where I can't talk for extended periods of time and as a result won't be able to do commentary for at least the first 4 weeks. I will try stockpiling video in some way but worst case scenario I'll run out of stuff to upload after a week or so and you'll have a month without anything new. Not really a huge deal yet because I'm still pretty unknown as far as the LP community is concerned. I'll need to do more recent games to get any sort of sub base going but whatever.

Now for console stuff, my brother actually bought himself a capture card for his live streaming stuff, which means that he has what I need to be able to record console games. This summer is gonna be interesting for sure if I can use that for a bit to hopefully record some console games for once. No idea what I'd do since all I have really is a PS3 for new stuff, but I do have an N64, a Gamecube, and a PS1/PS2. I could play FF10 since it's been a while since I actually played that game, and it was the first of the next gen final fantasies I've played (followed by 10-2 which sucked complete ass). FF10 is still my favorite final fantasy, mostly because I haven't played 7-9 yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment