Tuesday, June 26, 2012

More Skyrim rendered + FF5 bonus video

I now have up to part 153 of Skyrim rendered, and only one more session left to render before I've fully rendered all of my Skyrim footage. I still have to start rendering the Minecraft Hardcore and Killing Floor footage, which means I've still got around 6-7 hours of stuff to render in total.

By now you guys have probably also noticed that I uploaded a bonus FF5 video yesterday. I actually recorded it just hours before I uploaded it, which is why it had no commentary. However I felt that since I was still playing FF5 in my spare time anyways that I might as well record myself beating the two super enemies that I kind of mentioned in my last session but never really came close to beating. The video I uploaded yesterday showed me beating Omega. At some point I'm hoping to also make a video showing me beating Shinryuu, but that will require me to steal a bunch of dragoon lances from an enemy known as the crystal dragon, and to make matters worse the dragoon lance is a rare drop, so I'll have to heavily abuse savestates in order to maximize my chances of getting one to drop the lance. I suppose I could also hack the game but that kind of defeats the purpose of bothering to kill the dragon anyways. Either way it'll probably take me at least 10 hours so it'll be a while before I record that bonus video.

As for my next projects, expect Deus Ex and FF6 for sure, as well as more Skyrim footage. I may add a fourth project but I'm still undecided as to what I should do. I am looking towards doing a newer game for sure but in all honesty most of the games that have came out recently or that are coming out soon are sequels to games I never played. This kind of makes my choice more difficult. I am considering Dragon's Dogma, but  that game is just so large and will take me so long to do that I honestly don't think I'll be able to finish it before the end of summer, since I'm not expecting to be able to talk clearly enough to record until towards the end of July. I can kind of talk a bit now but as I've said before I sound like complete shit because of the elastics and stitches in my mouth causing me to slur words so I just can't record commentary at this time. The other candidate is LOTR: War in the North, which isn't really that new since it came out last fall but it's not exactly completely outdated either. The problem with that game though is that I've got a hard copy for PC and it's a game that would probably play better with other people since it does have 3 player co-op, and I'm not aware of anyone who owns the game asides from myself who has the equipment and stuff set up for decent microphone audio. Either way I'll come up with something at some point and I'll make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment