Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Terraria is done

Yep it's all been posted as of very early Monday morning. So, that's about 65 hours of gameplay that I did for those 78 episodes, and now hopefully you see why I cut out so much. I literally spent at least 5 hours a day every weekend for all of May just playing Terraria to prep for fighting the bosses. So yea that's at least 10-15 hours a weekend for almost every weekend in May, and that's a lot of hours. I'm actually not sure exactly how many hours I recorded, but it definitely wasn't even half of what I played the game for. According to steam I actually spent 90 hours on Terraria, but at least 25 of those hours were from before I even started recording for the series, back when the game first came out in May 2011. To put that in perspective, according to Steam I've played 78 hours of Skyrim so far, so yea if I had recorded even half the stuff I cut out I'd be at well over 100 parts, probably closer to 150 parts. Skyrim is probably gonna be around 160 parts by the time I finish the main quest (which I still have to render videos for so guess what I'm doing tomorrow).

Speaking of Skyrim, apparently there's DLC coming for the game sometime this month, but from what I've seen it's gonna cost a decent amount to get it. Currently the DLC is only available on Xbox, which kind of pisses me off a bit considering that it's not out for PC yet, which probably accounts for a good chunk of the skyrim players and fans. So yea don't expect anything on the DLC until it's released for PC, and even then it depends on the price. From what I understand it's only one questline so I can understand $10-$15, which I'm probably fine paying for. However it apparently costs 1600 Microsoft Points (because microsoft is so full of itself it made its own currency). From what I understand I think that about 80MP=$1, so basically the DLC is gonna be around $20, which is basically the price of 1/3 of Skyrim. I've basically only explored about 1/3 of Skyrim as of the last session I did, so this DLC had better give me 70 hours of gameplay otherwise I'm gonna get severely ripped off on this deal. I somehow get the feeling though that I'll be lucky to get 10 hours out of it. I'm not entirely sure how long or in depth the DLC goes but assuming it is a questline thing it'll probably be about as long as the other questlines in Skyrim, like the guild quests and dark brotherhood questline. Each of those questlines takes at least 4-5 hours to complete so I have a feeling that it'll probably be closer to 5 hours than 10 hours.

I'm honestly in no rush to do this DLC since in all likelyhood it'll probably be released before I can record again, plus I still have plenty of stuff to do in Skyrim so I'm in no rush to get more quests to do for no reason. As a result don't be surprised if I don't do the DLC right away. Chances are if it is indeed $20 that I'm gonna wait for it to drop in price before getting it anyways. I will still be doing Skyrim stuff though so don't worry about that. I've got plenty to do before I'm done with the game.

As for what I'll be doing after I can record again, I'll still be doing the regular Minecraft Hardcore and Killing Floor stuff, and I will be doing Skyrim, FF6, and Deus Ex. I'm still unsure of whether or not I'll throw in another game at this point or what it'll be but the 5 games I've outlined so far are pretty much set in stone. Killing Floor is actually gonna hit the year mark soon and it's still one of my most popular series, if not my most popular series. A lot of people really seem to like the Killing Floor stuff I do, so I'm definitely gonna stick with it for as long as I can. I still have fun with the game, I haven't played it in almost a month, again, but  the last session I did on the game was amazing so I'll definitely be doing more at some point. I've still gotta render out that whole 3 hour session too so that'll eat up a whole day. Probably won't do that tomorrow but more than likely I'll do it Thursday. Anyways I'm rambling now so I'll cut this off here and I hope to be back and recording before the end of the month if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment