Friday, August 24, 2012

FF6 parts 27+ recorded

I got just over 75 minutes of FF6 recorded today. For those wondering how far along I am, I'm basically just about to start the whole "opera" part of the game which basically means I just finished going through Zozo. I thought I was kind of under leveled to be honest but it still turned out just fine in the end. I'm starting to grow out of the habit of using savestates now, and I think part of it is that I've never played this game before and I'm not playing through it in advance so I guess that's made me more patient with the game. You can expect that stuff to start going up tomorrow, since I've got to render out the other half of that Killing Floor session before more of that goes up.

In other news, I've already spent about 8 hours doing prep work for the next recording session of Minecraft. I've had to reshape some of the landscape in order to make a path from the tower to elsewhere because I built the bridge going towards the sugar cane farm instead of towards my house. It's a longer road but that way I didn't have to make the bridge turn or build something out over the water for the bridge to connect to. As far as the path goes, I made it connect to my house and farms as well as the bridge I built earlier in the series. I also brought it through a mountain to connect to the site of my first town. I kind of stopped the path there for now until I get some buildings going so as not to get too far ahead of myself. As for the buildings, I definitely put a lot of thought into this stuff and actually took the time to write a book detailing the basics that each town needs as well as as writing some basic thoughts about how I'd go about building a village in each biome as well as a few thoughts on special cases such as island villages and underground ones. Then I went one step further and talked a bit about underwater villages, floating villages, and nether villages. I'm unsure of whether I will build any of these villages, but I do have some ideas on how to tackle them. Unfortunately for the sake of time I likely won't be doing underwater or floating villages because they're far too much work without creative mode, but nether villages sound plausible to me. Of course they'd likely be made mostly of nether brick so harvesting enough for a village could be problematic. But anyways going back to the village I'm currently planning in the snow biome, I've already marked out over 10 spots for where I want to place things. I'm not gonna say everything about the village yet but I will say that each village I build will have a house built for myself within them, so that no matter where I happen to venture out I'll have a place to rest.

Obviously I'm not gonna be able to build everything until I make a trip to the Nether to gather resources such as glowstone and nether warts. I'll likely be making use of glowstone for street lights and possibly for indoor lighting so it's probably for the best if I don't build too much right away. That being said, I still need to grab more obsidian before I forget because it would be nice to have some for when I do finally make a nether portal.

No comments:

Post a Comment