Sunday, August 12, 2012

Minecraft prep work done + KF stuff

Finally after at least 5 hours of work I finished the prep work for the next episode of Minecraft. Apparently the written book in Minecraft can only go up to 50 pages, which means that whenever I get to session 50 I'll have to start a new book if I'm gonna continue to catalog what I do each session. Asides from that though I got a lot of wood and a lot of cobblestone from my prep work as well as a bit of a start on my bookshelves. With the new book crafting recipe bookshelves are really annoying to make compared to before (which is really saying something). I'm hoping that in the future they do something to make them less annoying to create but for now I'll have to bear with it. I did also do quite a bit with the farm as far as organization and breeding goes so the pens now have a lot more animals within them. At this point in time I think I'm fine with sheep and I'm probably not gonna do too much with the pigs, and the chickens can always be respawned with eggs so really the only things that need to be constantly bred are cows because I need their leather for books. Luckily my wheat farm can more than sustain both me and the cows, plus as an added bonus I get meat, which I can always cook so that now all my food is basically from meat instead of bread.

Asides from that though, I also did play a couple more hours of Killing Floor tonight. I've played for a while for the last few days actually because I'm trying to knock out the last few weapon achievements that I need if possible before downgrading to normal for the map achievements. I managed to get the achievement for 1000 pipe bomb kills as a demo, which took me over 6 hours to do even though I was almost halfway there because pipe bombs usually only kill around 5 things each time they detonate, assuming they aren't set off by a siren or by a fleshpound sprinting over them so fast that they detonate and basically do nothing. So yea it was annoying to get because of that mostly. The best way to do it is to spread them out over the heavy traffic areas or at spawn points that aren't in the direct line of sight of any team mates. Just be aware that if you're on round 7 or higher that you may inadvertently rage a fleshpound in it's spawn point doing this and as a result you'll have little time to lay into it as it charges around the corner. I also tried out the husk cannon, which is alright I guess since it does stun scrakes on hard with a full power shot but really it's kind of slow and you will kill way more things using a flamethrower. Its ability to stun scrakes is helpful if you don't have a sharpshooter with you but if you do have a sharpshooter then it's kind of pointless to bother with it. The only reason I'm using it now is for achievements, which I'll likely just do in solo mode or on normal difficulty because it's honestly not that great of a weapon for the price and ammo cost. Instead I'll probably focus on killing 100 Fleshpounds with the AA12 when I play multiplayer. I'm still about 2000 health points from level 6 medic by the way, which means I can probably get ready to record for that session on Monday since my weekend recording session apparently never got a chance to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment