Thursday, August 9, 2012

More Minecraft prep work done

I spent the last couple hours just working on collecting stone for some future projects. I also worked on shaping up one of the caverns I found in my last session (which still needs to be rendered). So yea I'm already halfway ready for next weeks session. I still need to get some wood and do some more stuff on the surface but for the most part I've gotten a pretty nice headstart on my next session. I also really need to better organize my chests. For the most part my home chests aren't really organized at all and my stuff is really spread out between the 7 or 8 chests I've got lying around in random places. I also need to work on mapping the areas I've been to since I don't want to map anything I haven't visited while recording yet, but I also don't want to waste time mapping stuff I've already travelled to either while I am recording.

I will say though that the ravine/cavern I found randomly while exploring is by far the widest ravine I've ever seen, and also one of the tallest ones, extending from just below the surface all the way to about 12 blocks above the optimum level for diamonds. At parts this ravine is around 10+ blocks wide, which is pretty ridiculous for a ravine since most are around 6-8 blocks wide on average. I'm almost starting to think it may just be a series of long chambers that spawned one on top of the other creating something that looks like a ravine but isn't because it's honestly too wide to be a ravine, but it's way too tall to be a randomly generated large chamber like you sometimes run into in caves. For all I know it could be a rare type of ravine that's wider than most or maybe it's a bunch of larger chamber that spawned one on top of the other but no matter how you look at it, it's basically the perfect shape for an underground village. So yea this ravine or whatever it is will definitely be one of my long term build projects, much like that mountain from last session.

All this writing now made me realize that I've now got a major build in the mountain biome and since I know this ravine is below the desert biome that I also have a major build in the desert area. I think I will build a small village somewhere in the snow biome perhaps just so there's something between the two structures. I may even begin something in the plains biome past the desert. Like I said, I'm planning to build a whole nation in Minecraft, with multiple landmarks and towns/cities so I think it's only fitting that I have a settlement in each biome. I'd say now that with 2 long term projects decided upon and with my main base set up in the snow biome that I'm already on my way to my goal, granted I'm still many hours of work from even seeing one of the many towns/cities completed. I've also got some plans to branch out from the main continent I'm on as well so eventually I'll also be building elsewhere on lands that I've not yet visited.

No comments:

Post a Comment