Sunday, November 25, 2012

Final Fantasy 6 is finally done

Well I've still got some stuff to take care of as far as school stuff goes but over half of it is finally done now, so I spent this weekend finishing off the final little bit of work I had left to do with Final Fantasy 6. As of yesterday (Saturday), I finished recording the game. As far as my opinion of this game goes, it's definitely the best of the first 6 Final Fantasies without a question, and possibly the best of all time. You can easily tell that Square did go all out on this game when they made it with clear improvements in the visual, audio, and story departments, and they also nailed the gameplay mechanics as well. Basically they tried something new and it worked, and it was also a lot of fun. There's a lot of smaller things that were done with the story that really make the replay value of this game much higher than that of the other games, stuff like saving Shadow and Cid for example, and well hidden, hard to find cutscenes that can only be accessed at certain parts of the game. I'm probably gonna play through the game again with slightly different character builds, but that more than likely won't be recorded. But yea much like Chrono Trigger I will likely go through this game again on my channel in a few years since as I keep doing this stuff the quality of my recordings can only get better (especially when you look back at the stuff I did in the first 6 months of the channel compared to now).

But yea the finale of Final Fantasy 6 will go up on Tuesday, it'll be a 40 minute part from the cutscenes before the fight with Kefka, all the way to the "The End" screen. I've decided to split the dungeon leading up to the final boss into two half hour long parts as well, one of which is already uploaded and the other is going up Monday.

So what will be replacing Final Fantasy 6? Well I still need to finish Deus Ex so that'll cover a bit. I'll also be starting Borderlands and Borderlands 2 soon, granted I still need to test Borderlands to see if it will work with Fraps. But yea, that's basically the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment