Monday, November 5, 2012

More FF6 recorded, rendered most of the Minecraft stuff

As of right now there's only 3 more videos worth of Minecraft stuff to render on my hard drive, which I'll probably be rendering out later this week since at my current rate I will run out of Minecraft footage next Tuesday. I got more FF6 recorded today in the meantime, but due to issues with my microphone taking me over half an hour to work around it basically ended up killing any hopes for me recording Deus Ex today (also the fact that I had to finish rendering videos cost me another half hour before I could start getting ready to record). So basically I lost an hour of time due to that. I'm mostly done a lot of the side stuff in FF6 at this point, with only the zone eater dungeon and the castle under the desert left to explore before tackling the two towers. I'm still expecting the game to take me around 130 parts to complete at this point since I'm getting pretty close to the final stages of the game but I'm still probably around 5 hours from completion. By the time I upload the footage I've already got recorded, Final Fantasy 6 will be the third longest series on my channel as far as videos in the playlist goes (second longest is Killing Floor and the longest by far is Skyrim).

Now about the status of my microphone, the mic that I bought around Christmas last year and have been using for the last 10 months is no longer working properly. Because I'm better at playing around with audio settings now than I was back when I first bought my microphone, I managed to find a balance where my old microphone actually sounds better than my new microphone, which just confirms how much of a piece of shit my new microphone is. Basically all I did was turn on beam forming on my old mic and enable echo cancellation, and then reduce the volume of my old mic by about half and all of a sudden it sounds like it should sound. It does pick up a bit of the wind from my fan but it's really not a huge deal compared to actually being able to hear my voice without having to turn up the volume. The sound is also a lot clearer compared to my old mic, so that's another plus. Basically once the next session of Minecraft and FF6 finish going up everything will be recorded with my old mic on the new and improved settings that I've enabled, and my new mic I might keep around as a backup just in case, but if it still sounds like shit the next time I record something I'll just toss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment