Saturday, January 5, 2013

Plans for 2013

Yea I kinda want to change things up a bit going into 2013 as far as my youtube stuff goes. I've already begun implementing the changes for Minecraft stuff (at least my main survival/build series anyways). I'm still not really looking into doing mods or anything but as far as videos go I'm gonna change up my style so that each session I do will be one video, and I'll more than likely only be uploading 1-3 Minecraft videos a week. If it's a super long video I might split it in half but that's basically the plan going forward. I'm doing this mostly to force myself into practicing my editing skills when it comes to chopping down video lengths. So yea hopefully this'll result in less videos where nothing really happens when it comes to my Minecraft stuff.

As far as Killing Floor goes, I'm unsure whether I should go for longer videos or not since they take so long to upload, but I might go for that. I'm still kinda taking a break from Killing Floor stuff since I haven't felt like really playing it much, probably because I really don't have much motivation to go and play it since I've gotten pretty much all the achievements I can possibly get outside of Suicidal+HoE map achievements, seasonal achievements, and a few weapon achievements. I might try some suicidal difficulty stuff but once again I really have no motivation to do so.

Now for stuff like Borderlands, I still want to push out that stuff as quickly as possible, but I'm not happy with the turnout of the last session so I'm unsure about what I'm really gonna change with it. Honestly I should really just continue trying to speed through the game while completing all of the quests I know about, and then move on to Borderlands 2. So yea, that's still the plan.

Deus Ex I'm hoping I might get back to soon since I'm now cutting down on Minecraft stuff so I'll have more time to record in general compared to the usual amount of time I have to record (which starting on Monday will be going back to only 2 sessions a week for sure, possibly more if the opportunity arises).

Finally for Skyrim, I'm probably gonna try to get that back in full swing this week. I do have a session recorded that needs to be edited and rendered together so that'll probably be going up on either Monday or Tuesday. I'm still gonna hunt for dragon priest masks and stones of barenziah but for now I kind of want to focus on clearing out a few of the quests I've already acquired with the hopes of eventually getting somewhere. I won't be satisfied with calling the game completed until I get my quest log emptied of completeable quests, have discovered all of the dragon priest masks, and found all of the Stones of Barenziah and completed that quest. So yea look forward to the next 150 or so parts. I'm probably gonna be editing stuff out of that series as well but I kind of want to keep some of the continuity so that I don't cut and come back in a completely different area, which is where I kinda have a problem with cutting stuff out in Skyrim because it's hard to find a good point to start and stop the cut since I do talk quite a bit and I'd rather not cut to the middle of one of my many monologues and just confuse the crap out of people.

So yea, that's the immediate game plan. Once I get Borderlands out of the way I'll probably begin Borderlands 2, and I may also begin FF7 soon as well, depending on how stuff progresses. I tend to overestimate what I can accomplish in the short term so there may not be any new series until March, but hopefully I can get Borderlands done by February.

No comments:

Post a Comment