Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Borderlands is finished, just needs to be uploaded

Yea I have parts 50-58 and parts 59-FINAL recorded.  In total it's about 3 hours of gameplay going from Old Haven to the end of the game, including returning the Vault Key to Tannis for redundant amounts of experience and money because I'm at the level cap and I've got stupid amounts of cash already. So yea it's gonna be around 61-62 parts in total, with the last part probably being around 20-30 minutes long because I don't want to break up the final boss fight.

But yea I'm gonna be back to 3 ongoing series after this, which is right where I want to be at. I know I've kind of put Skyrim on hold for almost 3 weeks now because I've been trying to push out Borderlands stuff but now once I get those videos uploaded you should see Skyrim return to its normal weekly schedule. Well, maybe not weekly because I'm only uploading one episode of Borderlands 2 per day because I'm doing longer 20-25 minute videos for it instead of 13-15 minute videos. I'm gonna keep Skyrim videos the same length as usual because it's just easier for me to do it that way in the editing/rendering process.

Asides from that, this means I should be recording more Minecraft stuff over the next few weeks, which is good because I'm kind of really digging this whole desert village build so far, and I think I could really make it something amazing if it keeps going the way it has so far. I'm gonna try and maintain the short sessions and longer videos for the series so that it doesn't start to drag on (because before I'd have 4 videos of me building the same thing when in all honesty it should have only been one video for that build). I know it's starting to look more like a ripoff of ChimneySwift's Minecraft Files in the new format which is kind of why I strayed away from doing this at first but honestly it's just easier on me to render and upload one video than it is to do 4-6 videos. Also I don't want to copy Chimney, he's already pretty much established that series as the totem pole of his channel upon which pretty much everything else revolves around and it would be wrong of me to try and copy it. I want to kind of have my own thing going where instead of it just being me building and adding to one village/area for a whole season and then just restarting I want to build a whole nation or better yet a whole series of different nations that each occupy their own separate villages and castles and have their own landmarks. I want my series to be on a pretty massive scale compared to other minecraft series out there so that eventually after a few years it'll just be this whole massive world that's all interconnected with each area having its own quirks.

No comments:

Post a Comment