Saturday, June 29, 2013

Summer plans

So yea it's been a while since I've posted here but that's mostly because I haven't really felt like I had much to talk about over the last few months. Let me start off by saying that I'm aware I haven't uploaded anything in almost a week now, and that's entirely because I just haven't been able to find the time to record anything. I probably won't have an opportunity to record until July 2nd, since this is pretty much Canada day weekend and I don't foresee having any opportunity to record during this time. I was honestly planning to record on Thursday, but a number of things got in the way so I just couldn't find the time. Thursday was also my birthday so that partially was the reason for my inability to record, but the main reason has been me having a very abnormal sleep schedule for the last few weeks where I've basically slept from 6am-2pm, which basically eats up most of my prime recording time on days where I can record. So yea I kinda have to work on fixing that so I can at least wake up before 12pm.

Asides from that I still plan on starting FF7 very shortly, as well as rebooting Skyrim. I'm unsure of what I'm gonna do with Minecraft Solo since I've decided to kind of take time off doing builds and install a different mod and play around with that on my own world for fun. I'm considering just scrapping my original idea because I've lost interest in building and instead doing something completely different, but I'd have to start that series by building a few things in advance to skip about 3 episodes of searching for ores and resources. The other thing is several other well known LPers are also doing this mod and I'm fairly cautious when it comes to me starting Minecraft stuff that other people are already doing. The other thing is I've already invested about 60 hours over the last 2 weeks on this mod so I pretty much know it like the back of my hand at this point, but also I'm not gonna be as excited about stuff since I've basically done pretty much everything you can with the mod already. To be honest I actually did a fair bit of work for the wiki for this particular mod since it was largely incomplete when I checked it (which bothered me immensely because I despise using forums for information since they're basically antique remnants from the internet of the past). So yea now that I've said that I might as well say that the mod I've been playing is the Pixelmon mod, in which I've obtained pretty much every pokemon available asides from the 3 legendary birds, around 10 of the fossil pokemon, and the pokemon that can only be obtained through trading (which sucks because I'd love to have a Gengar or Alakazam). But yea I'm still undecided on whether I should start this mod up for a bit of a spinoff series from my normal minecraft stuff.

I guess the only other thing I have left to talk about is how I honestly have no idea how much recording time I'm gonna have for this whole summer so uploads are likely not going to be on a daily basis (as it was for the majority of my first year and a half). Honestly this last 3 months has been completely abnormal for my channel where uploads basically dropped off the face of the earth when my hard drive died on me. Part of that has been because I've adapted to doing longer videos instead of 10-15 minute ones like I did early on. Back then I was uploading two videos a day but I've had to cut that back to one video a day due to the doubling of my video length, so when I don't record for a week it becomes a lot more obvious because I end up missing a day where before I could just switch to one video a day and at least keep daily uploads. Honestly with the foreseeable future being uncertain I may end up going back to my old ways just to have content more regularly on my channel.

I'm not really gonna go into why the future is uncertain since that's mostly due to my own personal problems and the problems that will arise from these problems, it's basically going to be a shitstorm of problems that will need to be solved before I can really secure recording times throughout this summer. Because of that I can't guarantee I'll be able to record enough to last on a daily basis (which with my current 20 minute video plan would be about 2 and a half hours of recording a week). I know this number seems obtainable but the issues have come up in the past with when I can record (because certain people who won't be named are asshats who don't have any sense of what it means when I say I'm recording and decide to interrupt me the second I start doing it). Fun fact, I had to actually do some fun editing during the ending of FF4 because that session ran on for way too long and people ended up coming in and began complaining about my recording while the end credits were rolling, so I actually had to rewind to when I beat the boss, savestate, and then reload that state and record my end credit commentary at a later date. So yea, that's why I can't record when certain people who shall not be named are around (and that's why I was still pretty pissed off during the credits). That's also why I didn't have time to record post commentary for those two Amnesia videos that had no commentary, because when I finished my recording and realized the audio was shot I just didn't have the time to do post commentary before the person in question came in and so those videos went up with no commentary. So yea, if I say I don't have time to record, 9/10 times it's usually the fault of someone else being present and not having the common courtesy to keep their fucking opinions to themselves and keep their stupid ass mouth shut while I'm recording.

Hooray for summer rage time, because I have a feeling that summer rage time is going to be strong this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment