Thursday, July 25, 2013

Cube World series?

Yea I'm currently uploading a Cube World video and honestly I'm not sure about how it's gonna turn out. It's not like the video is really bad or anything but I'm skeptical about how this series is gonna be perceived. I'll record more of it depending entirely on what feedback I get for this video. I'll probably decide within a week whether or not I'm going to actually turn this into a series on my channel.

As for other things, I've found myself unusually bored over the last couple days. It seems I've already grown tired of Cube World and so I decided to head back to RuneScape. It seems they've changed the game again in the year since I last played, now calling it RuneScape 3 and spawning me in Burthope of all places. Yea I've got zero experience with the whole members worlds so that was a bit of a shock but it seems as if they've removed some of the barricades that existed previously between the free and members areas. Unfortunately it seems that's really the only major change asides from the combat overhaul that took place around November of last year (which I'm not a huge fan of because they basically found a way to cut down on the combat xp that free players get to try and build incentive to buy a membership to unlock new moves to kill stuff faster and therefore get back to what I consider to be the normal xp rate). It looks a lot fancier though but rangers are still terribly underpowered as they can still only use up to green dragonhide, while mages gain two new armor sets in the free world and no longer require death and chaos runes for spellcasting, making them pretty overpowered (and also ruining the GE value of both deaths and chaos runes). I in general just find combat to be far slower now than it used to be, which bugs the crap out of me because I prefered the fast paced nature of the old combat system. I mean, it works a lot better in PVP I'm sure but I never cared for PVP so this change is clearly not for me but for the people who do combat for fun and not for level ups. I haven't checked out dungeoneering but I assume the changes carry over to that area as well.

Several areas have been overhauled, most notably the wizards tower (which was overhauled around new years since I remember being around to see that change), and there's now a huge battlefield between draynor and lumbridge for some kind of combat related game or something (which makes it annoying to walk between the two places). Probably the most stunning change is the decreased amount of players online (8 months ago there was around 200-400 in each world at all times, it's now down to around 150 or so in some worlds, but there seems to be more worlds with 1000+ players compared to before). This either means that they've found a way to make bots incompatible with RS3, or that most people have given up on skill training to pursue combat and trade because the bots are just too damn bad. I'd prefer to think it's the first one but I'll have to look into it more before confirming anything (which means reading 8 months worth of update news).

Either way the RuneSpan was empty last night so I used that to my advantage and spent 2 hours leveling up my runecrafting for no discernible reason. I'm not sure if they added more quests or to exactly what extent the free world has been expanded yet but honestly it's looking fairly promising from the map. As soon as I'm done uploading I'll probably hop in and do a more thorough investigation of the changes but until then I'm gonna catch up on other things, like Phantasy Star 2 (which I'm within about 4 dungeons of beating which is probably gonna mean at least 12 hours of grinding).

No comments:

Post a Comment