Friday, August 9, 2013

The return of Skyrim

Yesterday I finally got around to recording more Skyrim. I haven't recorded anything for that series since losing the hour and a half of footage that I had recorded in March when my hard drive died on me. I guess this kinda means I've finally moved on from that unfortunate event and now it's time to make amends by getting back to a game I like playing in my spare time. I mean, sure I've done a lot of stuff already in over 200 episodes but I've still got a lot more levels to gain and I still need to finish the thieves guild quests and start the dark brotherhood ones. I'm considering possibly investing in a pickpocket skill that'll allow me to poison those I pickpocket which means I'll have to brew some strong poisons to get the jobs done the stealthy way. I can probably do the first few missions with my sneaking granting me that 15x damage boost with daggers but I have a feeling the later missions will make it hard to kill stealthily since I have a feeling I'll be facing targets that are in the open thus making stealth impossible.

But asides from that, I've decided to make a second episode of my random cube world series, this time adding music from a couple videogames to cover the dead air. I think I'll just do the series spontaneously as I feel like it just to prevent myself from becoming bored with it since at the moment the game is still early in development and will thus still have many things added over time so it'd be silly to bore myself of it so early by overplaying current releases. I still have to try out the warrior and ranger classes as well so I've got plenty to keep me busy.

But yea outside of that I've spent time playing Runescape while watching the SGDC streams a couple weeks ago. During the course of those streams I somehow managed to catch over 4k lobsters and gain nearly 200k experience in Runecrafting (as well as around 50K experience in mining). Honestly I don't think I've ever been so productive in Runescape since November/December 2010 (when I got most of my stats up from level 70 to 80). I haven't been nearly as productive since those streams simply because I haven't really had anything to watch while playing. I did miss some of the things I wanted to see being streamed though so I think I'll probably play some more again when I watch the streams I missed.

As a final closing note, I'm hoping to have those Skyrim videos rendered out at some point over the next couple days and so hopefully those videos will start going up around Sunday night. With all the stuff I've done so far the only thing left for me to do this summer is to start and finish FF8 and to finish Phantasy Star 2-4. I was kind of being overambitious with the Phantasy Star stuff at first so I'm not too worried if I don't end up beating all 4 of them but I'd at least like to finish off the second one since I'm on the last few dungeons. The problem is the grinding, which I normally do while watching videos but now I've got a conflict of interest between it and RuneScape, so I'll have to figure something out for that. I'm sure it'll all work out somehow either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment