Tuesday, October 22, 2013

It's been a while...

I think I've managed to sort out a good part of my personal issues by now and while I was doing so I had kind of neglected my blog, so I'm sorry about that. So, it's time for an update.

I have decided to reboot Terraria because the game has finally updated for the PC, adding new biomes, new ores, new enemies, and new bosses. I've already recorded two sessions for it, one of which was a short session that is already up on my channel. I'm in the process of editing and uploading the other session as I type, with part 2 going up in about 2 hours. For those wondering what new features my world seems to have so far, I know for a fact that the corruption in my world was replaced with the Crimson, which is the alternate version of corruption. This means while I won't have demonite ore in my world, I will have crimtane ore instead. Outside of that and outside of iron being swapped out with lead, it seems that's about it for biome/ore swaps so far. If there are any others I'll figure them out as I explore deeper into the caves. I was kind of really hoping for the gold/platinum swap because platinum is awesome but unfortunately that didn't happen in my world.

As for FF7, I haven't recorded it in a month and a half partly because of the personal issues, but the reason I haven't recorded any recently is because my brother had borrowed the Dazzle without telling me, and I just got it back last weekend. So yea, expect more soon and I'm sorry about the delay.

Skyrim is kind of once again on a hiatus, but that's mostly because I haven't felt like playing it recently. In all honesty that's literally the only reason I haven't recorded any recently.

Now as for Pixelmon, I do still have 2 sessions left to throw up that I recorded towards the end of September.  I will throw those sessions up at a later date once I edit them. At the time I didn't want to upload nothing but pixelmon for a month so I kept myself from working on them to try and motivate myself into recording something else. Also I'm kind of at the end of what I can do with the mod outside of catching all available pokemon in it, so because of that I'm not sure how much interest people will have in the mod going forward since once I catch all the common ones it'll literally just become a series with me camping out in one biome to find rare pokemon, or it'll become just me mining for fossil pokemon for hours at a time. Honestly the biggest issue with the series right now is that there's not enough there in single player to keep it interesting for viewers, and because of that I think I'm basically done with the series. I'd love to keep it going as a multiplayer thing but I don't really know any other youtubers who would be interested in it who have the ability to host a server. So yea unless I find someone who actually has a decent microphone and a server to record some pixelmon multiplayer stuff, the series is basically over.

Borderlands 2 is still on hiatus until me and my brother can find the time to record more of it. We did have plans for a couple weekends ago but those fell through since he sometimes has to work on Saturdays.

But yea that's basically the whole status of my lp's. As far as my own personal projects go, I haven't made any progress on Phantasy Star 2 since July, and I haven't even touched FF8 yet. I tend to kind of set really ridiculous goals for myself at times that seem doable but then things come up and I lose interest for a bit and then just never go back to them. Basically what happens is I get what I label as FF4 syndrome, where as a kid I'd always try to beat the game and just lose interest near the end of it because it would get ridiculously hard for seemingly no reason and I didn't feel like grinding for hours just to be able to survive for a few extra floors of the final dungeon.

For the last 2 months or so I've gotten back into Runescape to try and make another push for all 99's, and I've made decent progress so far. Mostly I've just been playing it while watching videos that I would have watched regardless of whether I was playing or not, and that's basically how I've had to fit it into my schedule. In addition I have started playing on a Minecraft server again and that has also taken a chunk out of my free time. So yea, that's basically what I've been up to for the last 2 or so months when I wasn't busy recording stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment