Monday, July 8, 2013

Quick update on stuff

Yea I'm still not sure how this summer is gonna play out but I've managed to at least record some FF7 over the weekend, granted I had to re-record most of the session due to an issue with audio desync. Either way most of you will have probably noticed that I started uploading these new parts last night, so yea I've at least managed to find the time to keep FF7 alive and fairly well. I still have to render the Minecraft stuff from last week, which is gonna take a while since I have so much footage. Honestly I find it hard to motivate myself to render out long sessions since I basically have to sit around for 2 or so hours waiting on it to finish when it comes to longer sessions. Either way I'll get to it eventually so hopefully that Minecraft series starts sometime this week.

As for my Phantasy Star 2 progress, it's been slow since I kind of shifted to Legend of Dragoon for a month or so but since I've finished with that I've decided to go back to Phantasy Star 2. Like I've said before this game is very grind heavy, and after spending a few hours grinding on Dezolis over the last few days I finally felt confident enough to risk advancing the story. It went well, until I got to the third floor of the first of 4 dungeons on the planet, where I made one mistake and it lead to my death. Honestly I'm close to the end of the game and still lack any sort of revive spell, so that's working against me. I'm only a few levels away from learning those spells though, but that's probably a few more hours of grinding away. But yea at this point I don't feel confident attempting the next few dungeons without a revive spell so I've got a lot of grinding ahead of me. I did clear that first dungeon only through using a savestate before entering the third floor in case I needed it. Honestly the worst enemy I ran into was some kind of magic floating sword that hit ridiculously hard compared to almost everything else up to that point, and also had significantly more health than most other enemies.

But yea outside of that I still don't foresee another recording opportunity for a while but I definitely have enough recorded to last around a week. I'm actually hoping to get back to FF7 soon, since it's been so long since recording a final fantasy game that I've honestly missed recording them.

2 comments:

  1. Hiya,TriGunXSword. I have been reading your blog. What program are you using? For my channel i use Debut Video Capture software, ( really good free program)And for my editing i use Video Pad Video Editor, And i have not had a problem with my audio not wanting to sync.
    Hope this helps. Btw i subscribed, Nice channel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bit of a late reply but I haven't checked my emails in over a month. I use Fraps for recording PC games, and use windows live movie maker for editing. It's not the greatest setup but it works. For console stuff like FF7 I'm using a Dazzle, which is basically one of the lower end recording devices. The desync issue I had wasn't actually caused by my capture device though, it's due to my PS1 video cable being in poor condition and sometimes causing the picture to cut out. When that happens my capture device will stop recording video but continue recording the audio, resulting in a desync between the game video and audio. I record my commentary seperatly from the game audio so that if there is a desync in commentary I can fix it by editing the length between pauses in the audio file at certain points.

      Delete